Friday, February 19

Modified Dress

I bought this fabric about a year ago from JoAnn's (a light cotton). Just recently I got motivated enough to sew it. But while making it, it just didn't seem to be what I'd anticipated it being. I hate it when this happens! I didn't have enough of the main fabric for the bindings, which was just fine with me, as I wanted to spice it up a bit. Yet again the local quilt store came in handy, and I found a bold brown pattern fabric. I sewed it around the neck and sleeves. The neck seems totally droopy, though. I tried putting elastic through the binding, but I don't like it. So I put a tank top underneath the dress, and I think I like that. The wearer didn't like the "tent feel" to this pattern, so requested an elastic waistband to be added. While I was at it, I decided to sew in a slip with a ruffle for underneath. I think I like it now, but I'm still not sure about that neckline.

1 comment:

Monica said...

it's a lovely dress! love the fabric combo.